Ecosynth is a suite of tools used to map and measure vegetation in three dimensions using off-the-shelf digital cameras and open-source computer vision software, from the ground or using low altitude hobbyist aircraft.
EcosynthData exists as a means for Ecosynth community members to share data and work collaboratively.
To learn more about Ecosynth and its tools, visit Ecosynth's 'Community' website, a link to which is provided at the top-right corner of this webpage.
The SynthSets can be explored in the following ways:
- Visually through the Google Maps API right here on the front page
- As JSON metadata through the site's API here
Each 'SynthSet' may be comprised of the following:
- Project Page with Metadata and Links to Downloadable Images and Point Cloud Files
- Web-based Visualization Program to View Point Cloud
- Digital Object Identifier (DOI) Representing the Dataset
If you're ready to upload your own SynthSets, you can do so through the EcosynthAerial python library's GUI.
To learn how to get started with generating your own point clouds, visit Ecosynth's 'Get Started' and 'Python Tools' page, links to which are provided at the top-right corner of this webpage.